Registration for Yoga Groups is now OPEN!
- Sessions run for 8 weeks starting September 26 and ending November 14.
- Two classes available 5:00-5:45 and 6:00-6:45
- NEW FOR FALL: An additional class has been added to accommodate younger participants and their parents. This class will run for a half hour from 4:15-4:45.
- West Lawn United Methodist Church: 15 Woodside Avenue, Reading
- Please fill out the registration form below by Friday September 22: Megan will contact you with regarding confirmation and time slot after the RSVP deadline.
- Because of limited class size, classes are for those who are diagnosed with autism who reside or attend school in Berks County. If there is room, siblings may be able to attend. This will be at the discretion of the instructor.
- Thanks to our generous sponsors and funds raised from the Walk for Autism Awareness, our yoga classes are free for our families.
- Yoga groups are offered to those diagnosed with autism who reside or attend school in Berks County.
Megan O’Malley is a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Instructor at the advanced level (750+ hours of training). She has 17 years of teaching experience with a wide variety of populations of students including preschool children, university students, and adults.
Megan is trained in Integrated Yoga Therapy for children with special needs and has taught students on the Autism Spectrum for over 12 years. With an educational background in the sciences (BS Biology/ MS Physics), she is particularly interested in using yoga to create a peaceful balance in the body that in turn effects changes in the brain. Her approach is grounded in research that has shown yoga to be beneficial to those with symptoms of anxiety, attention and sensory integration issues, or traumatic experiences. If you have questions regarding yoga and how it is beneficial for those with autism, please contact Megan O’Malley at email@example.com
Also, check out this story about Megan and the Autism Society of Berk’s yoga classes for children by Amanda VanAllen of WFMZ/Channel 69 News.