HELP SOLVE THE PUZZLE SEPTEMBER 19TH!
Join us for the 18th Annual Help Solve the Puzzle: Walk for Autism Awareness! This fun, family-friendly event helps the Autism Society of Berks County raise funds that directly benefit those affected by autism right here in Berks County. See below for walk day information, forms, and frequently asked questions.
Where is the walk?
First Energy Stadium, 1900 Centre Avenue/Rt. 61 South, Reading
What is the schedule of events?
9:30 am – 11:00 am: Registration
9:30 am – 1:00pm: Resource Fair, Activities, Entertainment
10:30 am: Welcoming Kick-off & Walk
11:00am: Refreshments Served
12:00 pm: Raffle Winners Announced
12:30 pm: Top 3 Teams and Individual Fundraising Winners Announced, Prizes Awarded
How do I register for the walk as an individual?
Go to the registration form link below. Print out and fill out. This form also acts as your waiver. If you are walking as an individual, you do NOT need to mail in the form. Bring it with you the day of the walk, along with the sponsor sheet (also below) and cash/check donations. If you are participating on a team, but are NOT the team captain, you only need to bring your form the day of the walk.
If you forget to bring your registration/waiver form, we will have plenty of extras at the walk for you to fill out.
How do I register my team for the walk?
Go to the registration form link below. Print and fill out. This form also acts as your waiver. If you are the captain of the team, you need to either mail in or email in the registration/waiver form before 9/1/21 in order for your team to be eligible for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd team prizes for most funds raised as a team. Email: email@example.com
Who needs to fill out a registration/waiver form?
Each participant should fill out a registration/waiver form and turn it in the day of the walk. Families with children under 18 can either have separate waiver forms for each child with parent signature OR list each family name on one form.
How do I fund raise for this event?
This can be done in a combination of the following ways. There is no one set method. Please do what is comfortable for you.
- As an individual, print out the sponsorship form from the link below. Collect donations from friends, family, co-workers…whoever you are comfortable asking. Checks are preferred, but cash will also be accepted. Checks should be made out to Autism Society of Berks.
- As an individual, you can also customize an online donation page on our Crowdrise page. Go to crowdrise.com When you are on the site, search “Autism Society of Berks County 2021”. You can share your page with others via email, Facebook, Twitter, etc. This can be done in combination with cash and check donations. Your online donations will be noted by our registration team and will be added together with your donations brought in the day of the walk. The site is secure and easy to use. An online page is not required, but may be easier for some folks to donate to the cause.
- As a team, first register your team name using the registration/waiver form link below (mail or email form before 9/1). Recruit friends, families, & others to join your team and spread the word. Each team member participating should print out and turn in a registration form, sponsor sheet, and cash/check donations the day of the walk. Team members should inform the registration team what team they are on.
- As team captain, you also have the option to customize a team page on our crowdrise page. Tell your story of why you are fundraising and share with others via Facebook, Twitter, etc. When forming a team page, your team members have the option to “join” your online team instead of forming their own individual page. That way they can also share your page to help raise funds for the team. The site is secure and easy to use. The online team page is not required, but may be easier for some folks to donate to the cause. The donations to your team page will be noted by our registration team and will be added together will the donations brought in from your team members the day of the walk.
What do I get for fundraising?
Pledges Amounts Receive:
$100 – $149 Walk T-Shirt
$150 – $249 Walk T-Shirt, Autism Pin
$250 – $499 Walk T-Shirt, Autism Pin, ASA Berks Sweatshirt
$500 + Walk T-shirt, Autism Pin, ASA Berks Sweatshirt, and Surprise Gift
All walkers who turn in donations are eligible for these special gifts regardless if they are part of a team or not. Prizes will be based on donations turned in the day of the walk. Donations turned in on behalf of an individual or team after the walk will be greatly appreciated but will not be used to alter your final totals and change the status of your special gifts.
How do the individual/team prizes work?
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes will be awarded to the top 3 registered teams who collect and turn in the most donations by the day of the walk.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd places prizes will be awarded to the top 3 individuals (NOT part of a team) who collect and turn in the most donations by the day of the walk.
Donations on behalf of a team or individual after the day of the walk will be greatly appreciated but will not be used to alter the final totals for any individuals or change the status of the original 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners.
I am not comfortable asking others for donations. Do I have to? Am I still allowed to attend the walk?
We want you to do whatever is most comfortable for you. There are no donation requirements. While this is our main fundraiser, we want everyone to come out and enjoy this special family-friendly day. There will be a resource fair, children’s activities, free refreshments, and a great raffle for you to enjoy.
How will the funds raised at the walk be used?
Your fundraising efforts and donations help us to continue the mission of the Autism Society of America which is to “improve the lives of all those affected by autism.” Thanks to your donations, the Autism Society of Berks County can continue to provide:
- Free monthly family events which allows our families to try new activities with their children in a safe, non-judgmental atmosphere. Friendships are often formed and special memories are made for families that may have very limited opportunities to do social activities because of the challenging aspects of autism.
- Free yoga groups with a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Instructor
- Free social skills groups with licensed behavior specialists
- Free music groups with a Board Certified Music Therapist
- Grants to local organizations which benefit those with autism
- And more!!!
What can I expect to find at the walk?
Everyone is welcome to attend the walk and we will have lots of fun activities for all.
- Resource Fair featuring many local organizations which may be beneficial for your loved one with autism
- Free refreshments
- Lots of raffle prizes
- Autism Society and autism related merchandise for sale
- The ability to use credit cards for raffle and merchandise purchases
- Children’s activities throughout the venue including use of the Phils bounce house and blow up slide
- No DJ to accommodate sensory concerns
For further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org