The Autism Society of Berks County is excited to announce Spring Sessions of
Please read all information carefully for COVID 19 changes to our sessions
- Due to Covid 19 restrictions, each group will be limited to 4 participants, accompanied by one adult, and no siblings at this time.
- Participants will need to be able to wear a mask and sit for most of the group, except for movement experience. Please note in the Additional Information section of the sign up form if this will be a challenge for your child.
- Sessions will run on Fridays for 6 weeks. Beginning Friday April 30th. Sessions end Friday June 4th.
- Sessions start at 5:15pm and run for a half hour with 15 minutes between sessions for cleaning.
- Groups will be divided according to age with earlier time groups for younger participants.
- Music Therapy sessions will be held at All Abilities Fitness Center located at 3933 Perkiomen Avenue, Suite C, Reading, PA 19606. This change in location is due to Covid 19 precautions.
- Sessions will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
- Once sessions are filled, for those unable to participate “live”, a virtual option for the appropriate group will be available.
- Attendees and their guardians will be required to sign releases from All Abilities Fitness Center.
- Attendees will be grouped and assigned a time by Cindy.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you do not receive an email from Cindy within 1 week of signing up, please try filling out the registration form again. If you do not answer all of the questions, the form will not be forwarded. All confirmations will be via email. NO phone call confirmations. Thank you.
- One adult must attend with the participant and wear a mask. Drop-offs are not permitted.
- Thanks to generous sponsors and funds raised during the Walk for Autism Awareness, there is no charge for music groups.
- Music groups are offered to those diagnosed with autism who reside or attend school in Berks County. Due to Covid 19 restrictions, siblings may not attend at this time.
- Sessions are held at All Abilities Fitness Center located at 3933 Perkiomen Avenue, Suite C, Reading, PA 19606. This change in location is due to Covid 19 precautions.
About the Instructor: Cindy Long is a Board Certified Music Therapist in the Reading, PA area, with additional training in Neurologic Music Therapy. A highly motivated and creative professional, Cindy relates well with children and adults in therapeutic, educational, and play/experiential settings. She has over 25 years of experience providing music therapy services to schools, nursing homes, summer camps, organizations, and individuals with special needs.